Detectron, a division of Tinker & Rasor, manufactures the model 505 "GO-FER" Pipe and Cable Locator. This type of locator is widely used by Gas Distribution, Pipeline, and Power Companies to locate and mark theirs and other carriers prior to excavation. The 505 "GO-FER" is also an invaluable tool when walking a right of way over long distances to look for unknown buried metallic objects before "trenching." The "GO-FER" can be operated in one of three different ways. The first is "inductively," placing the transmitter on the ground directly over the buried conductor. The second to "energize" the conductor by directly connecting the transmitter to the conductor via a cable. The third operation utilizes the optional three-piece handle to connect the transmitter and receiver together allowing the operator to use the fastest method known for locating unknown buried metallic objects.
The 505 "GO-FER" operates at 83 kHz ± 0.005% with a peak output of 3 watts and uses 6 "C" cells per side. The larger capacity batteries and quartz-controlled tuning give the "go-fer" performance in the field unequaled by any other "split box" locator.
505 "Go-Fer" accessories
- The 505 "GO-FER" Instrument with 12 "C" cell batteries, ground plate, and cable
- Three-piece, Black Anodized Handle with Lowering/Carrying strap
- Stereo Headphones (allows outside noises to be heard for safety)
- Compartmentalized Carrying Case
- The TS/8 Probe with Depth Angle and Telescopic Handle
- 2 Ni-Cad Battery packs with chargers