PATTI® QUANTUM FEATURES:
- The same quality you have come to expect from the PATTI®
- The powder-coated box is much more robust than previous PATTI®'s – will maintain its aesthetic value
- New regulator eliminates the internal pop valve, allowing for use of entire air cartridge
- New air cartridge capacity is twice that of other PATTI® models
- Simplified design requires fewer internal parts and reduces the frequency of maintenance/repair
- With the exception of the new, higher capacity CO2 cartridges it can use the same pistons, pull-stubs, and supplies as previous PATTI®'s
- The reduced number of internal parts makes the PATTI® QUANTUM lighter than other PATTI®'s and more portable than ever
- The self-aligning PATTI®QUANTUM quantitatively measures the adhesion strength of numerous coatings, including paints, polymers, ceramics, inks, films, adhesives, and thermal or arc-sprayed metals.
- Laboratory or field use.
- The test surface can be smooth, rough, porous, flat or curved (please contact us for application-specific solutions). Custom-machined pull-stubs are available at any size, either flat or with a radius to match curved surfaces.
- The PATTI® can also be used to test the strength of adhesives under non-room environmental conditions from 32-212 degrees Fahrenheit (0-100 degrees Celsius).
EASY TO USE:
- The PATTI® Quantum uses compressed inert gas to apply a continuous tensile load to an aluminum pull-stub which is bonded to the test surface with an adhesive.
- After the adhesive has cured, the operator attaches the selected piston. Then the operator pushes and holds the "RUN" button. A continuous load is then applied perpendicular to the pull-stub until failure occurs, or until a specified load is reached.
- The PATTI® can be pressurized with CO2 cartridges to make it portable for field use. In the laboratory, nitrogen or any clean inert gas system providing at least 100 psig (up to 160 psig) can be used.
PATTI® QUANTUM DIGITAL GAUGE ELIMINATES GUESSWORK:
- The maximum load is displayed on a 4 1/2 digit seven-segment display gauge with 0.5% accuracy. The digital gauge displays the increasing load and holds the maximum psig value when the Min/Max button is pushed.
Push Zero/Clear in order to zero the readout and you are ready for the next test.
The PATTI® features a patented piston design which assures uniaxial
alignment with the pull-stub axis for "true tensile testing"
MEASURES ADHESION STRENGTH UP TO 10,000 PSI:
There is a different piston for each load range shown in the table below. At least 100 psig supply pressure (up to 160 psig) is required for all piston sizes and all pistons are self-aligning.
Piston Load Range
(PSI using 1/2" dia. pull-stubs)
Piston Diameter Price F-1 50-500 1 3/4" (1.75") $399.00 F-2 100-1000 2 1/4" (2.25") $399.00 F-4 200-2000 2 7/8" (2.875") $399.00 F-8 400-4000 3 3/4" (3.75") $399.00
(3 Load Ranges)
5 3/4" (5.75") $449.00
The PATTI® instrument and method conforms to ASTM D-4541, "Pull-Off Strength of Coatings Using Portable Adhesion Testers".
Also can be used for the testing of coatings on concrete according to ACI 503-30 Appendix A, A.1. 50mm pull-stubs required.
- Gas Supply: self-contained or external supply, 100psig
- Power: (2) AAA Alkaline batteries (included)
- Weight: < 4 pounds
- Dimensions: 8" (20.3cm) x 3 1/8" (7.9cm) x 6" (15.3cm) (Control Module)
- Load Range: 1-10,000psi using 1/2" pull-stubs
- Display: 4 1/2 digit seven-segment display gauge with 0.5% accuracy
- Operating Temperature Range: 50-120 degrees Fahrenheit
- Certified calibration available at an additional fee
- Accessory for testing adhesives available
- All pistons are self-aligning
Our PATTI QUANTUM Complete Testing System includes Digital Laboratory/Field control module, one single load range piston (state range desired), transport toolbox, accessory kit [40 San*O*dized pull-stubs, 40 adhesive masks, high and low-pressure hoses, epoxy kit, talcum powder, 6 ⃰CO2 cartridges] and instruction manual.