PosiTector® RTR 3D
Replica Tape Reader to Measure and Record 2D/3D Surface Profile Parameters
Digital spring micrometers measure and record surface profile parameters using Testex Press-O-Film™ replica tape.
- Create a replica by burnishing tape on a surface and insert into instrument. 3D imagery and 2D/3D parameters are displayed in seconds!
- Reports common parameters: Ra, Rq, Rz, Rp, Rv, Rt, Rpc (2D), and Sa, Sq, Sz, Sp, Sv, and Spd (3D)
- Ideal for field or laboratory use; flat, curved or irregular surfaces
- Certified and traceable to an accredited national laboratory
- Download 3D .SDF image files for analysis in included PosiSoft or third party software
- Certificate of Calibration showing traceability to PTB (for H and HL only) and NPL (for Ra and Rt) included (Long Form)
- Measures peak height (HL) and common 2D/3D profile parameters such as Ra, Rz, Sq, Spd and more
- High contrast, color LCD
- Enhanced one-handed menu navigation
- RESET feature instantly restores factory settings
- Solvent, acid, oil, water and dust resistant - weatherproof
- Rugged indoor/outdoor instrument – ideal for field or laboratory use; flat, curved or irregular surfaces
- Shock-absorbing, protective rubber holster with belt clip
- Two year warranty on gage body AND probe
- Calculates and records all fourteen 2D and 3D parameters (below) with each measurement
- Screen Capture – save screen images for record keeping and review
- Sealed USB port for fast, simple connection to a PC and to supply continuous power. USB cable included
- PosiSoft USB Drive - stored readings and graphs can be accessed using universal PC/Mac web browsers or file explorers. No software required.
- Every stored measurement is date and time stamped
- Software Solutions for viewing, analyzing & reporting data
- Apply short and long cutoff filters and discard lengths to optimize the analysis for a specific application
- Orient the 2D trace between horizontal, vertical and diagonal (XY, YX)
- Storage of 250 readings per probe—stored readings can be viewed or downloaded
- Storage of 100,000 readings in up to 1,000 batches
- Live graphing of measurement data
- Download high resolution Surface Data Files (.SDF) for analysis in the included PosiSoft or third-party software
- Generates two dimensional (2D) and three dimensional (3D) thumbnail images Ideal for inclusion into reports and confirming consistent blasting results.
- Onscreen Batch Annotation—add notes, change batch names and more with built-in QWERTY keyboard
- WiFi technology wirelessly synchronizes with PosiSoft.net and downloads software updates
- Bluetooth 4.0 Technology for data transfer to a mobile device running the PosiTector App or optional portable printer. BLE API available for integration into third-party software.
- Integrate with third-party software, drones, ROVs, PLCs, and robotic devices using several industry-standard communication protocols
How It Works
Preparation of both the surface to be tested and the PosiTector RTR 3D are necessary before performing the test.
To prepare surface:
- Use cleaning putty to remove dust, debris, or residual blast media from the measurement site by firmly pressing the putty onto surface to be tested using your fingers and remove
To prepare the PosiTector RTR 3D:
- Clean anvils and camera lens using included cleaning card. Swipe card through opening a few times while firmly pressing both probe buttons to remove dust
- Zero probe and verify accuracy with included shim
- Ensure correct grade of replica tape is displayed in upper left hand corner of LCD
Testex Press-O-Film™ replica tape consists of a layer of compressible foam affixed to an incompressible polyester film of highly uniform thickness. When pressed against a surface, the foam forms an impression, or reverse replica, of the surface. For best results when acquiring 2D/3D parameters and images from the PosiTector RTR 3D, it is recommended to use the supplied burnishing ball instead of the stainless-steel burnishing tool.
- Adhere the replica tape to the surface to be burnished.
- Holding the ball in two hands using your index fingers and thumbs, place the ball on the replica tape.
- Gently roll the ball over the tape while viewing the burnished tape through the clear ball. Adjust the force applied to the ball until a replica of the surface begins to appear on the tape.
- Continue to roll the ball until the tape is completely burnished (at least 30 seconds).
After placing the compressed tape (replica) into the PosiTector RTR 3D a light-intensity versus thickness algorithm is used to produce a three dimensional (3D) image of the replicated surface.
- Insert the burnished replica tape into the measurement opening. Ensure the tape is properly positioned so that the burnished region is centered within the opening in the probe with the adhesive (sticky) side down.
- To position the tape, move the Testex™ Press-O-Film™ replica tape to the back of the probe and align the two dots (printed on replica tape) with arrows on both sides of the measurement opening.
- Once positioned, firmly press both probe buttons simultaneously and hold until the PosiTector RTR 3D beeps and the measurement is displayed.
Powerful desktop software for downloading, viewing, printing and storing measurement data. No internet connection required.
- Simple, intuitive user interface
- Import readings directly from the gage via USB or from legacy PosiSoft desktop versions
- Synchronize measurement data including readings, notes and pictures to and from PosiSoft.net
PosiSoft Custom PDF Report Generator
Easily create reports from your measurement data in seconds
- Generate custom, professional PDF reports
- Include inspection information such as on-site pictures, screen captures, notes and more to communicate important details
- Create and save multiple custom layouts as templates – insert cover pages, add logos/images, and select font and point size
- Select the information to include for each product type – charts, histograms, readings, time stamps and more
- Compile multi-batch reports from one or more probes and instrument types